Hubli is a vibrant commercial town whereas Dharwad is known for music and literature. Hubli is about 190 km west of Goa and 405 km north of Bangalore.
Hubli-Dharwad has a bustling population of over 15 lakhs.
Hubli houses its textile manufacturing units and is an agricultural trade hub of Karnataka state.
It is extremely well connected by road, trains and air.
It takes pride in having Hospitals like KIMS and private specialty Hospitals with highly skilled doctors and surgeons. It attracts patients from all over the India.
It houses BVB College of Engineering & technology which attracts the best-in-class Industries and students.
With the new IIT Dharwad established , the growth of the twin cities is set to progress further and will attract more industries to the north Karnataka region.
Housing rental ranges from Rs. 2500 to 6000 for up to 1200 sq feet for a two bed room apartment. At present times, Hubli is experiencing a boom in the real estate market.
It offers people movie theaters ,shopping , religious places , satellite towns for investors.
Hubli has become one of fastest growing tier II cities in India.
- Rajashekar Koti, editor of Andolana daily, passes away November 23, 2017Rajashekar Koti (71), a senior journalist and Editor of Andolana Kannada daily, passed away on Thursday after suffering a massive heart attack.A native of Gadag who settled down in Mysuru, Koti, as h...
- Integrated approach to help keep pink bollworm attacks in check November 23, 2017Officials of the Agriculture Department in Ballari have adopted an integrated approach to create awareness among the cotton growers with regard to preventing and controlling attacks by the pink bollwo...
- Post Office PSK proves to be a vital additional facility November 22, 2017It has processed 17,899 applications from residents of Mysuru and Chamarajanagar
- Wife of deceased driver gets ₹5 lakh in compensation November 22, 2017Ramprasath Manohar, Deputy Commissioner, Ballari, on Monday handed over a cheque of ₹5 lakh in compensation to the wife of Venkatesh, who died on duty.Venkatesh, a driver at Koppal Information Office,...
- Construction workers to hold all-night protest on November 27 November 22, 2017They are seeking monthly pension, among other demands
- Siddaramaiah inaugurates GTTC in Chikkodi November 22, 2017Chief Minister Siddarmaiah inaugurated the 22nd Government Tool Room and Training Centre (GTTC) in the State in Chikkodi on Wednesday.He said the GTTC trained youth in job-oriented courses like tool m...
- Helmets mandatory in Kalaburagi from tomorrow November 22, 2017A traffic awareness campaign is being organised in the district
- HC initiates PIL plea on unnatural deaths of prisoners November 22, 2017As directed by the Supreme Court, the Karnataka High Court has suo motu initiated a PIL petition on the issue of unnatural deaths of undertrials or convicts in prisons in the State. A Division Bench ...
- A former MLA who worked as farmhand November 22, 2017At a time when even small-time politicians are leading luxurious lives, the former MLA for Sullia Bakila Hukrappa was an exception as he later worked as a farm labourer to earn livelihood. The Legisl...
- ‘Work for uplift of downtrodden’ November 22, 20171,274 students awarded degrees on the occasion